Genesis Pharma S.A. is a leading pharmaceutical biotechnology company since its foundation in 1997, at a time when the industry was still at an early development stage, not only in Greece but also in Europe. The company's goal was to combine the rapid progress in science with a successful and innovative business venture, thus paving the way for the creation of a new market.
Working with consistency and dedication to this end, Genesis Pharma became the first Greek pharmaceutical company specializing in the promotion, sales and distribution of biopharmaceutical products and is currently the largest by turnover among Greek companies focusing on innovative branded medicines. Genesis Pharma is also one of the most award-winning Greek companies that has received numerous awards and certifications for its growth and productivity rates as well as its commitment to innovation, quality, corporate responsibility and good working environment.
The company’s portfolio consists mainly of innovative pharmaceutical products in the therapeutic areas of Oncology, Hematology, Central Nervous System, Gastroenterology and Nephrology, as a result of collaboration with major multinational biotechnology companies. Among its partners are two of the biggest, based on market capitalization, companies focusing on the research and development of novel pharmaceutical products, Biogen and Celgene.
The company is headquartered in Athens, Greece, and in 1999, business activities were expanded in Cyprus through the creation of Genesis Pharma (Cyprus) Ltd, and later on, in markets of Southeast Europe, such as Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia. Genesis Pharma (Cyprus) Ltd is now responsible for all international markets and is currently operating, through its subsidiaries, in Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia with the latter entity acting as a hub-office covering the Adriatic Region.
Genesis Pharma S.A. – Headquarters, Greece
270 Kifissias Avenue, Halandri
GR-15232, Athens, Greece
Tel.: +30 210 877 1500
Fax: +30 210 689 3877
Genesis Pharma (Cyprus) Ltd – Cyprus
73 Metochiou Street, 2nd & 3rd Floor
2407 Engomi, Nicosia, Cyprus
1684 Nicosia, P.O. BOX 23638
Tel.: +357 22765715
Fax: +357 22765714
- 2001-2006: “Distributor of the Year” award by Biogen Idec, USA
- 2003-2014: “Best Workplaces Award” by Institute Europe for 12 consecutive years
- 2006: “Europe’s 500 Listing” by Europe’s 500 Entrepreneurs for Growth for being among the fastest growing European companies in the annual ranking of high growth and job creating companies
- 2010: “1st in Most Productive Companies 2010” among all pharmaceutical companies in Greece based on labour productivity in terms of revenue produced per employee by Profiles International Research Study in Greece
- 2010: “Strongest Companies in Greece Community” by ICAP Group
- 2011: “Bronze Discrimination in CR Index” for its performance in the sector of corporate responsibility & “Best Progress Bronze Award 2010” for having achieved the greater progress among the companies in its category, received by the National Corporate Responsibility Index
- 2012: “Silver Discrimination in CR Index” in the National Corporate Responsibility Index
- 2013: “Recognised for Excellence in Europe – 4 star” certification by EFQM
- 2013: “Silver Discrimination in CR Index” & “Best Progress Silver Award 2012”
- 2014: “Special Achievement Award” by Great Place to Work Institute Hellas for being the only company steadily ranking in “Best Workplaces in Greece” for 12 consecutive years
- 2014: “2nd Best Progress Gold Award” in the National Corporate Responsibility Index
- 2015: “European Business Award” for being among the 110 top businesses in Europe and also received the “Ruban d’Honneur” title